More than 40 C2C members connected on Jan. 21 using their native language, French.
Bouncing between discussing cloud computing, serverless, and managed services, this was the first of four introductory sessions.
30 Minutes Summed Up in 30 Seconds
Hosted by C2C members Guillaume Blaquiere and Antoine Castex, the session allowed attendees to chat with honesty.
“I found the event super dynamic! It is very important to nurture such communities,” said one attendee, Silviu. “Customer feedback, even when it is negative, is super important to us as sales[people].”
They shared their honest perspectives about what can and does go wrong with the cloud, what to do about it, and even their areas of improvement.
“I really like the independent and somewhat critical aspect of Google (not everything is rosy),” said one attendee who wished not to be named.
In Case You Missed It
Conversations focused on the following Google Cloud product benefits and suggestions when using them:
- Use workflows to trigger scenarios with several Cloud Builds.
- Cloud Source Repository isn’t a product to use for collaborative development, only for basic code versioning.
- Reference Google Cloud Platform documentation when needing support or having questions about the products.
Some of the critiques included:
- Attendees want more documentation on Cloud Workflow.
- They want additional functionality on Google Cloud products.
- Members mentioned a desire to see Pub/Sub on any Google Cloud product.
- They expressed frustration with the lack of essential features for Cloud Source Repository.
Preview What's Next
The upcoming session will cover the following topics that came up but didn’t make it to the discussion floor:
- Data pipeline documentation, explicitly focusing on the “extract, transform, and load (ETL)” integration strategies as well as the “extract, load, and transform (ELT) strategy
- Monitoring and OpenTelemetry compliance (“OpenTelemetry is a set of instrumentation libraries for collecting trace and metric data that work with multiple backends,” according to the Google Cloud blog.)
- The big difference between Google Cloud products and the two other public cloud solutions, specifically around the network
The sessions will also be 30 minutes but may expand as the group continues throughout the year. If any of the above sounds exciting or valuable to you, be sure to sign up!
Looking for more Google Cloud products news and resources? We got you.
The following links were shared with attendees and are now available to you!